Summer may be winding down but it’s still hot in Anaheim! Temperatures can reach the 80s and 90s at Disneyland for half of the year, so here are some of our favorite ways to beat the heat:
1. Get a cold drink. Find frozen slushie drinks at Maurice’s Treats, Hungry Bear Cafe or Galactic Grill in Disneyland OR Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff and a cart by Silly Symphony Swings in California Adventure. And try a Dole Whip float from the Tropical Hideaway!
2. Find AC. Some of my favorite air-conditioned places to hang out in each park: Disneyland – Enchanted Tiki Room, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Main Street Cinema; California Adventure – Animation Academy, Mickey’s PhilharMAGIC, The Bakery Tour.
3. Restaurants with AC. You don’t need a dining reservation for any of these, and they’ve got great air conditioning: Disneyland – Golden Horseshoe, Red Rose Taverne, Alien Pizza Planet; California Adventure – Smokejumpers Grill, Fiddler Fifer & Practical Cafe, Flo’s V8 Cafe.
4. Stay hydrated. Bring your own reusable water bottle from home (and fill them with ice at the hotel). You can ask for free cups of ice and/or water at any quick service restaurant. And look for free water refill stations throughout the parks!
5. Pool break. If all else fails, head back to the hotel for a dip in the pool!